Transcription is not a topic that comes often in people’s discussions. While transcription is rarely seen as an important function needed to keep our world going forward, it does have quite a few uses, and not all of them are widely known, even though some of them can be quite useful in our day to day lives:
• For Conferences – Quite possibly one of the most popular uses of transcription services, company conferences are some of the most important events for any kind of company. This makes it quite useful to have the whole conference transcribed at some point. Even though speakers are often handed pieces of paper to help them through their speeches, these are often not representative of what the actual speech is going to be, since some things here and there are going to be modified, changed or even omitted. A transcript won’t have the same problems, as each word and sentence will be recorded in their entirety.
• For Market Research – Marketing research is a vital process to launch new products for a company. It helps to identify problems, further enhancing the product quality before release. The advantage of hiring a transcriber in this sector is that you accurately record each and every detail of your various investigations, since even a small mistake or omission can totally change the outlook of your product.
• For TV Shows – Transcription can also prove to be useful to record speeches and discussions in television shows, both recorded and real-time. Television transcription services providers are in demand by people who are in involved in television production, since it allows them to add effects such as subtitles and captions with ease, further broadening the spectrum of viewers for their shows.
• For Songs Lyrics – While you may find this quite unusual, transcription lends itself well to record song lyrics for live shows and performances, where original song lyrics could be changed or altered depending on circumstances. Professional artists can then use this to their advantage, by being able to enhance their song lyrics further to produce the ultimate piece. Transcription also makes it easy for listeners to find song lyrics, even before artists actually release the original lyrics sheets to the public.
• For Translation – Translators are another group that can benefit from transcription firms, since both visual and audio references can be used to make material available to people speaking different languages. For examples, videos that were originally produced in one country can be viewed and understood by people in another country, by the uses of dubs or subtitles, both of them being easier to implement due to transcription.